Pacific Beach, San Diego, California
Pacific Beach is the cute town in San Diego that I get to call home. It has a vibe of it's own and I love it. I moved here in July 2016 and it was the best decision of my life. San Diego makes me so happy and I love just being here. So I figured, if you love where you live, why not put it on a shirt?!
I got to work with this amazing company called "The Where Abouts" to create a t-shirt that described PB in one photo. Although it is hard to capture everything in one photo, the first thing that came to mind was the beach, of course. The photo you see on this shirt is a photo I simply took from my iphone. I LOVE being on the beach. It is truly my happy place. I love to surf, swim, tan, read a book etc. There is just so much to do in one place! There are also a lot of great restaurants around with amazing beach & sunset views.
The Where Abouts creates unique shirts designed by people like you and me who truly have a connection to a place. It was such a fun experience to do this with them and if you are proud of where you live and want to show it off, this is the company to work with!
10 Things I love about PB:
1. How close everything is - you could seriously never leave and have everything within a 5 mile radius
2. The food - no matter what you are in the mood for, we have it. Some of my favorite places include: Oscar's Taco Shop, PB Sushi, Freshii, Second Nature, Olive Cafe (there are so many to choose from)
3. The brunch spots - if you know, you know: Crushed with their mimosa flights, Olive cafe is 100ft from the beach, Fig Tree Cafe's menu is amazing all around.
4. Shopping - if you want to go to the mall then you'll have to leave PB, but if you want something a little more unique just walk down Garnet St. You will find a ton of boutiques - Pangea is must do if you visit. Of course we have a Brandy Melville & Urban Outfitters right next to each other... So dangerous for my wallet.
5. Beach View Dining - JRDN's sits right in front of the beach with great views of the waves and a delicious menu, El Prez is a rooftop bar with great taco tuesdays and great sunset views, & Waterbar has amazing views as well. Who doesn't want to eat while looking at the beautiful ocean!?
6. The bars - I'll just name my favorites because there are so many: Moonshine (I love the country vibes), Mavericks (Newest & trendiest bar in PB), The Local (great upstairs dancing spot), Backyard (ratchet pop vibes, it's a mood). Some others are Open Bar, Thrusters, Shore Club, PB Alehouse. Just depends what your mood is! So many options.
7. THE ACAI BOWLS - This is in all caps because it's important. I swear PB has the best acai bowls. If you've never had one, you need to right now. Such a great healthy snack. I usually get something with acai, honey, granola, yogurt, strawberries, and bananas. That's my go to but they have so many variations. My go to place is Rum Jungle on Mission Blvd.
8. The dessert (yes I've realized most of these relate to food, but hey, priorities). If you have a sweet tooth, PB is the place to be! Baked Bear has custom icecream sandwiches, Hammonds has flights of mini icecream cones (how freaking cute), there are tons of Froyo places, Pure Cupcakes comes up with the coolest flavors (I love salted caramel & funfetti), Mr. Frostie is great for basic icecream cones. This list just goes on so you will never run out of dessert.
9. The surf spots - There are so many surf spots just in PB alone! Tourmaline is probably the most popular but there is also Brickhouse, Green Pipe, Law St, PB pier, PB drive, Wavehouse, & the Jetty (south mission beach). Let's just say there is no shortage of surf breaks
10. The people - I've met some pretty great people in PB. Firstly, it's where I met my current boyfriend who is absolutely amazing. I've met my roommates (past & present) this way. Some of my good friends who will run around just do fun things with me. PB has some of the best people I've met.
Thanks for reading about my love for PB and if you're considering visiting, do it. There's so much to do in such a small area and that's what I love about it.